STUDENT VISA TIER 4
The UK is a great place for education, with some of the best higher education institutes in the world. If you are seeking for study/student visa or wants to extend your visa to continue with your education, the Home Office will need that:
- you have a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) from a highly trusted sponsor
- you have sufficient funds to maintain yourself in the UK
- you have paid at least the first year of your course fees to your course provider
- you speak the required level of English
Different type of student visa categories are:
Tier 4 Student Visa: To qualify for this the applicant must:
- be aged 16 or over
- have a conditional offer on a course with a licenced Tier 4 sponsor.
- have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English up to a certain level.
- have enough money to support yourself and pay for your studies.
Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa: To qualify the applicant must:
- be aged 4 to 17 years old
- have a place at an educational establishment with a Tier 4 sponsor licence
The parents must show that:
- they have adequate funds to support their child throughout their duration in the UK.
Short-Term Study Visa: You can stay in the UK for six months to study a short course (including an English language course) or make research, or up to 11 months for studying the English language in the UK.
To qualify the applicant must:
- book a course in the UK at an accepted place of study
- have enough money to pay for return trip from the country of origin and back.
- have enough money to support yourself without working or claiming public funds
At Mamoon Solicitors with our experienced team you can be confident that your application will be completed to the highest standard. We will:
- provide you with detailed instructions in regards to Immigration regulations as well as the specific procedures required by the Home Office and UKBA which are relevant to you case
- answer any questions about your case and give you our honest professional opinion on the merits of your case
- explain to you all documentation that needs to be submitted alongside your application
- complete your application for you to the highest standard and answer any questions you may have
- draft a letter of representation that will support your application for a short term student visa.
- communicate with the UKBA and the Home Office to ensure a quick decision in regards to your application for a short term student visa.
- protect your interests during the entire process and will keep you informed while the application is pending with the Home Office
- also assist in helping your family members to come over as dependants but this option is only open to those studying at masters’ level and above.
For specialist advice on this area of immigration law and how it applies to your individual circumstances, please contact us on 0161 465 1814 or complete our enquiry form and we will contact you.