Adoption offers a way of providing a child with a permanent family and home and it’s an alternate way available to those who are unable to have children of their own, as well as being an option for those who believe they’re able to fulfil the needs of children who can’t be raised by their birth families. An adopted child legally becomes a member of new family and stops being a member of their birth family. For this, you don’t have to be a British citizen to adopt in the UK. However, you must have a fixed, permanent home either in the UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands.
Assistance with adoption matters can be wide-ranging like guidance for people considering adoption and wanting someone there to help them through the entire process or an advice on cases where people want to adopt a child within the family, such as stepchildren. Going through the adoption process can be stressful, daunting, and time-consuming.
We understand the sensitive nature of these issues, and have the experience needed to deal with the legal framework which surrounds these areas in regards to children and their prospective parents. We can provide immediate legal representation and support anywhere in the UK. Some examples of the different scenarios in which we can assisted include:
- Helping with domestic adoption, where a child’s placed with them by a local authority or a UK adoption agency
- Seeking to have an adoption order made abroad recognised in England
- Advising people who want to take a child overseas to adopt him or her there
- Assisting with bringing a child legally into England for the purposes of adoption in England
- Providing opinions for British nationals who’re living abroad and looking to adopt for use in proceedings in that other country
- Helping potential adopters decide whether they’re entitled to adopt in England by looking at and advising on domicile
To help you right now, our team member is there for legal advice and to guide about providing information about the adoption. For specialist advice please contact our team member on 0161 465 1814 or complete our inquiry form and we will contact you.